Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Romance

What ever happened to some good old fashioned romance?

A time when men opened doors for women, called them sweetie, hunny, baby, Miss, Mam and really meant it? I need romanced. The cards, flowers, little notes. All those simple good old fashioned butterfly feelings. Why is it so hard for men?

Im not even a man and can figure that kind of stuff out.
Are men these days absolutely clueless? What ever happened to surprising a woman and REALLY making it a surprise?

I can't stand men when they are like "hey, I have alittle surprise for you" ... listen- your already blowing it! A true surprise is when someone doesn't even know its coming. It happens, your shocked! your awed! then your thankful.

Instead its turned into you waiting all day for it, sick. Wondering what it could be.. is he popping the big question? is it something magnificent? What could it be? Only to find out later its just a dinner date at your favorite restaurant. Then, its not as enjoyable becuase the man stamped "secret" on it, and made it a bigger event then it had to be.

Nothing is better than unexpected flowers, little notes left on your car, or even letters in the mail. or even a sweet txt message, or email (since we are now in 2008 lol) Ive only been truly "romanced" by two people. One being Emma's father. He would leave notes everywhere, Leave little gifts places, under my car seat, in my locker at school... in my coat pocket. He would surprise me constantly. I never felt more romanced then with him. Surely, he turned out to be a pig, but in all honesty, he was a good romancer. Its not even about the gifts he bought me. just the fact that he cared to think of me. I loved getting notes in my car, or going outside to see that my car was washed, and my gas tank was full.... and a small note telling me he loved me.

I loved how he pulled out a necklace for me while we were waiting for our movie to start one night at the cinema.

just little things like that. Why do men think they can get women for nothing? Why dont they feel the need to impress us anymore? Even if you're married. If your husband still isnt doing these things then he is taking you for granted.

What ever happened to going to a nice fancy restaurant, having the car door opened for you, and the door opened too? I need that kind of man. I need a man to treat me like a lady. If more men treated women like temples of life the world would be a better place. I don't think this is the "dream world". I think fairytales do come true. I dont think there should ever be a dull moment in the "dating" scene, or even in the marriage scene.

Love is just one of those things. something that makes your head spin... your body float. something that truly has you head over heels, not in over your head.

Im still waiting. For that perfect man. ... for my perfect fairy tale. In the meantime- Im going to set my expectations high. :)

0 comments: