Sunday, October 5, 2008

Breaking Traditions

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/graphics/2007/08/14/dream.jpg

Some women love to be single and free. Is it possible to juggle a family without a man? Can a woman fill those two spaces? Are men necessary needed for anything other than an accessory?

I know what I want in life. I want to be successful. Who doesn't? The only things in my life that haven't worked out are relationships. The makeups, breakups, whatever. They seem to only derail a person off their course. Is it possible to be completely happy, and fulfilled with no strings attached?

Can't you love someone, and just have separate lives?

There are certain things in life that I want. I don't see a "Need a Man" stamp on any of it. I want my own business. I would love to have my own salon/boutique. I will someday.

I want my own home. I want to own it. I want to paint the rooms exactly the colors that I, yes ME, MYSELF! picked out. I don't want to compromise anything. I want to be in charge. I want to call the shots.

If I want more kids, Ill get a sperm donor. I don't mind. Sometimes Men just complicate things. Sometimes you just set yourself up for disappointment putting your trust, dreams, life into someone elses' hands.

I am not totally cutting men off. I'm sure if I find someone that I am willing to fall in love with, and head over heels for, things will click. Ill know that I can't spend the rest of my life without them. At this point of my life, I refuse to design my life into making it "Husband Friendly" and wait for some man to come on his stallion, and pick me up, and carry me away. I am going to build my castle, my empire, and If eventually I can find someone who I'm willing to share it with, then I will. Either way, all the pieces to the puzzle will be filled, man or no man.

I won't feel like a failure. I won't feel like I have to be like everyone else and do things "the traditional way" Ill make my own happiness, and surround myself with it. Life is just so short. I want to conquer it alone. If I find someone on the way, then Ill run along with them. But if there is no one, I will keep going, and achieve everything I want alone.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
A relationship Isn't going to make me survive- Its the cherry on top.

A wise girl kisses, but doesn't love; listens, but doesn't believe; and leaves before she is left.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they go right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart, so that better things can fall together. ”
-Marilyn Monroe-

0 comments: