Sunday, October 19, 2008

Back to School

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I have been thinking about alot of things lately. There are many things that have been on my mind.

  • If I go back to doing hair, I have to start completely over... working to get clientele... possibly working my ass off (yet again) and working crazy hours to make ends meet. I could make 800 dollars or more one week, and just $300 dollars the next. It isn't consistent. Also, once Emma starts school, say something happens, and she gets a snow day, or an early release. what would I do? I couldn't just call my clients and cancel.
  • I hate living back at home, its awful. Unfortunately I feel like I have dug myself into a deep hole, and It might be hard to get out of.
  • I don't want to be in Missouri. Not at all.
If I went back to school, it could fix alot of things. Firstly, since I am a single mother, I might be able to get some financial aid for my college classes. Would I be a fool to pass that up?

I would go to school to be a teacher. That way, I would be on Emma's schedule. If she had a day off, so would I. I would have all summers with her, all vacation days, etc. It would be wonderful.
I have job shadowed in a classroom for a year and a half my junior and senior year of highschool. I loved it.

If I got the money for school, I could take out loans to live on, (of course I know I have to pay them back) but the loans could keep me from working while in school, and I could go to a school somewhere that I would want to live, and finally settle down there, have Emma go to school there (She will be 8 or 9 when I am finished with school) and stay there once I graduate.

That gets me out of Missouri, and prepares me for me and Emma's future. I have alot of research to do. I love doing hair but I could, if needed, do hair during the summer for extra money. Being in school could help me make friends, and have adult interaction, as well as give me some direction. This could be very good for us. I'm going to make some phonecalls tomorrow, and hopefully figure something out!

1 comments:

The Jeffries said...

I think it is a great idea!!! Good school teachers are always needed!!! You could even apply for a job overseas, they pay for your housing out here!!! I think you would be perfect for the job!!