Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tonight at Bible School

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/IMA/21044~Noah-s-Ark-Posters.jpg

Tonight we sang a few songs, and then after I took all the kids up to our room and we did some coloring. The kids colored a picture of Noah, and his ark. Afterwards, we read a Noah's Ark book, (those cool books that you can feel the different textures, and pop open the window things and see hidden animals, etc) Then we talked alittle bit about what happened, and this cute little boy said he wished Noah would put toys on the ark as well lol Then all the little kids started saying what THEY would put on the ark, and they had the funniest answers.

The age group is 3 and 4 year olds.

Then we all sat in a circle and I had them pat on the floor (to sound like raindrops) then I had them pat on their legs to symbolize thunder, and then put their hands up and do spirt fingers so it looked like rain. They had soooo much fun doing it becuase I would say, ok, the rain is falling lightly... and the kids would pat gently on the floor, then I would be like, ok its beating down FASTER and HARDER!! and they would all hit the floor as hard as they could, and as fast as they could. then I would tell them that thunder was coming, then sure enough, theyd start slapping their legs lol

They had so much fun. After that we worked on the sign of the cross, which alot of them are learning quick. A few of them knew it already.

Lastly we played like hot potato, but instead we passed a stuffed animal.

I am trying to think of something to do next week. I am going to bring in a snack, last week I gave them hot chocolate with marshmallows, and I think next week Ill bring in cookies, or something like that. Maybe even donuts.

I love love love teaching this class. I wasn't sure at first that I would, since they are so young, I thought it would be really hard, and I wasn't sure how Emma would act, becuase she gets jealous when she doesnt have my full attention, but shes been so good.

I am thinking about maybe doing a craft as well.
We will see.


0 comments: