Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bocce Wine

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1308/836561295_a35bc95068.jpg?v=0
Ok, so this is a California, Zinfandel.
I have made myself a wine collection over the years, when I lived in Dayton my townhouse was next to a HUGE winery. Anyways- Every week they had a HUGE shelve with their discounted wines for the week, and I would buy like 6 a week lol.

I love to have wine on me, firstly because I have a wine rack, and liked it filled, secondly, you never know when you might need it, and thirdly I like to have wine just in case I need it as an ingredient in a meal I am preparing. I think everyone should have an assortment of wines.

Anyways- I never heard of Bocce. I honestly bought it becuase I liked the label. I thought it was go well in my wine rack (I put the "pretty bottles" in the rack where people can see if I am not sure if its a good wine or not lol)

Anyways- All my wine stash is packed, and I have my smaller rack in my parents kitchen. Well, this bottle was in it, and we didn't have any wine in the house (thats a first) and so I used this, knowing I spent maybe 18 dollars on it, it wasn't a big deal to open, and it wasn't a special occasion, so the others in the rack just wouldn't be put to good use.

I went to pop the cork. This wine was red... and SUPER dry. I smelled it, and knew right away it was SUPER dry.

I poured some in my Borrdeaux glass, and took a sip. It was AWFUL.

Do not buy this wine. Its seriously sick. I am not an expert on wine, but I wouldn't call myself an ameteur. Honestly, I love champagne way more.

Reds typically arent my favorite, but I do not dislike them. I find myself looking for white wine, and like a rose blush wine.

I prefer a white Zinfandel, which gives you the taste, of the red wine, but its not so strong. Prior to making the wine they strip the skin from the grape. Thats the difference. Instead of it being dark, its light.

Anyways- Bocce surely didn't impress me, and Ill hesitate before trying any of their wines.


0 comments: