Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mark. review

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I got the Sydney one, the Fuchsia colored compact. Feeling the weight of the item its rather light.
When you open the compact, there is a mirror, and there is a "flip" part that you can flip to eyehadow and blush, or lipcolor. The colors are nice. their is a creamy off-white color (Nomadic), a chocolate brown color (Bondi Beach), and the cheek color is like a light brick color (sunlove glo).

when you flip it to the lip side there are 2 lip colors and 2 glosses. The colors are bronzy. lipcolors are: Sydney Smooch, and Adelaide. Lip glosses are: Aussie Kiss, and Down Under.

I like the names. Very cute.

lets get back to the compact. I am used to Mary Kay compacts, and I have to say this quality isn't as good, but I liked the fact that you can flip the colors around. That is really neat, and not something I have seen before. The second time I flipped through the compact the tray got off track, and I had to snap it back in place so you definitely have to be careful with watching while your flipping the colors around.

The compact comes with 3 brushes. An eyebrush, lipbrush, and cheek brush. The cheek brush is very soft. Unfortunately they do not have caps, which I find very much a nuisance because the lip brush will be all sticky and I wouldn't want to put it in my purse (since you can't fit it in the compact)


I tried the lipcolor and gloss. They are really nice. There is a slight flavor to them. Almost a vanilla flavor. I am not completely sure, but it definitely isn't strong, which I like.

The eyecolors are nice, they work well with the brushes. The check color to me is alittle too bright for this look. I was expecting more of a bronze cheekcolor, but this one is almost a light pinkish red color. It's a nice cheek color though as far as it going on the skin.

I would give this an 8 out of 10, reasons being, I don't like the fact there is no where to put the brushes. They don't have anything covering the brush, but little plastic tube like things they came in for packaging (that I think I will save and use for the storage of the brushes)
And I am alittle worried that since the lipcolor and gloss doesn't have a separate compartment that it might melt if I am in warm climate, if its in my purse. I am afraid that it might get on the compact itself, or even melt onto the mirror,etc. Also, The eye colors particles could get in the gloss, changing the pigment.

I definitely wont be keeping this in my purse until fall.

Also, I ordered this:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I didn't realize this is part of an attachment and is incredibly tiny. Its about the length of my pinkie.
I didn't look at the demintions, and probably should have. I like the color I picked, It was Swank I believe. I expected to feel a burning sensation like other limp plumps, but don't feel anything. there is a slight taste again, but nothing overpowering. I really like it.

again, I would give this a 8/10, I wish it was bigger. its alittle small.
It definitely has a great color, and it looks really pretty.

The plus' to buying these items are:
  • They are very affordable.
  • They are very compact, the eyeshadows, blush, lipcolor, and gloss are in one compact
  • They are small, you could fit all these items in a small clutch
  • The overall quality is great
For sanitary reasons, I wish they would have made it so one side was eyeshadow etc, then the other side was the lipcolor and gloss, and there was like a pullout mirror in between. That way they could have had plastic covers on the eyeshadow, and the lipcolor, and maybe a space in between the mirror for the brushes.

Just my thoughts!
Overall...I would definitely recommend Mark. Cosmetics to someone!

0 comments: