Tuesday, January 27, 2015

New Year... 2015!

This is my first post of 2015!! I have not been blogging for awhile... I was in it to win it for about two weeks this summer.. then I got pregnant... AGAIN and have had zero energy ... and extra time? What is extra time??


My life nowadays consists of playing Mommy during the day..  (Ava is now almost 1!!) Waiting until Josh gets home, then headed into the salon to work on my fabulous clients.

I am now in my third trimester. We are having another GIRL which is WONDERFUL!! Her name is Cora Violet (gotta keep my flower garden theme going) and she will be joining us at the end of April! We are so beyond blessed.. Really.

Everyone always asks me "when are you done?" The answer is - I don't know. I think three is a great number... but my handsome man isn't done. He tells everyone that we will be pregnant in June. YIKES.

I guess I am not completely sure where our family plan is at the moment, I have to birth this one and figure it out.

One baby at a time. lol

Work is going well. I am in a new salon that I love, see alot of regular clients and have cut back on my days. I am so grateful that Josh can provide for us... With this pregnancy I have been really worn out. I guess it could also be from chasing around an almost one year old around all day. Ava Lily has been walking since she was 9 months old. "wow, that is wonderful!" people say. NO IT ISNT. It is not wonderful one bit. haha

back to the New Year.

I don't have any real resolutions (who keeps up with those anyways?) but I do have some life changing plans for our family.

First, this summer we are moving. More details later... So much is unfolding now, and decisions are being made.

Second, we are being more financially responsible. I have been on and off the couponing train and I am ready to get back on! I have been living on my stockpile for wayyyyyyy too long- Our almost 2 years worth of toilet paper ran out.... PANIC MODE (only couponers understand the feeling) and I am ready to restock!

Stay posted for couponing tips, hauls and stockpile updates.

We are also working on our savings- paying off the little debt that we have. Boring so I am not going to put you to sleep getting into that lol. Basically sitting down, writing up a budget and following it. We are pretty good about not spending on lavish things and being frugal but at times are left wondering, "where did that money go?" We haven't got our tax refund yet, but are already planning on using it for debt and savings. Even though I would LOVE to go on a target run and spend $300 on myself.. it probably wouldn't be the most responsible decision.

I am also creating meal plans. We spend soooooo much money every month on food. its ridiculous. To help cut down I have started doing spaghetti night (every Monday) which costs our family of 4
$6. Also, we have brinner every Sunday (skipped it this last Sunday, so we are having it tonight) It probably costs us $5 if that for our entire family, cheaper if we don't have bacon or sausage.

I am going to make another post on this - breaking down where I am buying the ingredients, how much everything is costing and what we are having later- stay posted.

We will eat out once a week... And of course have our pizza night every Friday.

Our last thing we are working on as a family is attending church.. keeping our house filled with God's love. Lately with the hustle and bustle of the week by Sunday me and Josh are limp on the couch. This summer we were at church on Sundays. I need to nourish my soul... especially after an exhausting week. This sunday- We are going!

What are your resolutions this year? How good are you about following them?

0 comments: