Friday, July 25, 2008

Emma found a frog!

Emma was playing outside in her sand box, and I was watching from the screen door. I needed to take a shower so I asked my mom if she would come over and watch her.

so I got out of my shower, and Emma was already in, playing in the basement. I found some clothes, and left my bathroom, and Emma walked in there ( I assumed to pee) after a few minutes I told her to get out of the bathroom, she said ok, and then when she walked out she had something cupped in her hands.

I figured she stole some of my makeup or something, so I called her over to me, and I reached my hand out and said, GIVE IT TO ME NOW.

so she hesitated, then put something in my hand. it moved, and i SCREAMED!



It was a little frog. She had smuggled it in the house and was playing with it for the past 30 minutes without anyone noticing.



We have LOTS of frogs around here. she cried and told me she wanted to keep it. I told her that I didnt think it was a good Idea. We have nothing to put it in, and I have no idea what they eat

I asked her what she would name it and she said "Mommy"

that was the SWEETEST thing.

I ended up talking her out of it, telling her the frog wanted to be with her family (we just started calling it a "her" ) and that we see them outside ALL time time, and the next time she goes out she can see if shes around, and if she is she can hold her outside.

It worked

Thank goodness. She feels happy now that the frog is with her mommy and daddy.

it was so funny becuase when we let the frog go, (i put the frog were we ALWAYS find them) Emma said, "Bye mommy! Go get your mommy and daddy!"

0 comments: